Albert Gore Research Center
In addition to its extensive oral history collection, the Gore Center holds the Homer Pittard Campus School Papers, the Homer and Mabel Pittard Papers, and
Photographs from the Archive of Local History and Culture (see Part 2: Campus School).
The Rutherford County Archives holds a vareity of collections that document the history of schools in the county: school board records; school registers; and the Shacklett Historic Photograph Collection and a growing Community Photograph Collection.
Tennessee State Library and Archives holds several relevant collections: Tennessee Department of Education Commissioner's Records, 1913-1970 (Record Group 92), Tennessee Department of Education Records, 1874-1984 and Schoolhouse Photos, 1938-1942(Record Group 273).
Museums and Historic Sites
Bradley Academy Museum and Cultural Center
The Homer Pittard Campus School
The Rutherford County Historical Society is now housed in the Ransom Schoolhouse. See Arnette Family hands over keys to Ransom School.
In the Footsteps of Notable Women: A Self-Guided Tour of Rutherford County provides brief descriptions of Bradley Academy, Hilltop-Rosenwald Park, McFadden School, Soule College, Piedmont (educator Mary Hall's home), and other properties.
Linebaugh Public Library's Historical Research Room holds a wealth of local history sources, including a good selection of school yearbooks. Search the library's catalog for the dates of yearbooks for specific schools. A partial list follows:
Middle Tennessee State University - James E. Walker Library
- Buchanan School - Memories (1951)
- Central High School - The Craddock (1923-1927) and Post-Script (1949-1972)
- Central Middle School (1986, 1992-1994, 1996-1997, 1999-2000, 2004)
- Christiana High School - The Cristalite (1948, 1949)
- Eagleville High School (1951, 1952, 1984, 1985, 1987)
- Kittrell High School - The Star (1923)
- Soule College - The Gleaner (1910-1911)
- Walter Hill Elementary - Hornet's Nest (1990, 1994, 1996)